PayPal Acceptable Use Policy
You are independently responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations and all practices of using the Internet and payment service in all of your actions related to your use of PayPal's services, regardless of the purpose of the use. You will not use this service for any illegal purpose or in any illegal way, nor will you use this service for any transaction in which laws and regulations prohibit and restrict the holding or trading of goods or services. In addition, you must adhere to the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy.
You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:
- violate any law, statute, regulation or rule.
- violate the confidentiality obligations under laws and regulations and PayPal User Agreement and other relevant rules.
- relate to transactions involving (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) cigarettes, (d) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (e) stolen goods including digital and virtual goods, (f) the promotion of hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory or the financial exploitation of a crime, (g) items that are considered obscene, (h) items that infringe reputation, trade secrets, trademark right, copyright, patent right, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (i) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (j) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, (k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law, or (l) other prohibited items published by us from time to time subject to applicable laws, regulations or governmental orders in PRC or other jurisdiction(s)
- relate to transactions that (a) show the personal information of third parties in violation of applicable law, (b) support pyramid or ponzi schemes, matrix programs, other "get rich quick" schemes or certain multi-level marketing programs, (c) are associated with purchases of annuities or lottery contracts, lay-away systems, off-shore banking or transactions to finance or refinance debts funded by a credit card, (d) are for the sale of certain items before the seller has control or possession of the item, (e) are by payment processors to collect payments on behalf of merchants, (f) are associated with the sale of traveler's checks or money orders, (g) involve currency exchanges or check cashing businesses, (h) involve certain credit repair, debt settlement services, credit transactions or insurance activities, (i) involve offering or receiving payments for the purpose of bribery or corruption, or (j) involve money laundering, terrorist financing and cash-out.
- use invalid credit card numbers, invalid bank accounts for transactions or use this service in the name of others.
- lease, lend, sell or purchase a bank account or payment account; open a bank account or payment account under the guise of other's identity or fictitious agency relationship.
- involve the sales of products or services identified by government agencies to have a high likelihood of being fraudulent.
- carry out transactions that do not conform to the transaction contents declared by you or the counterparty or untrue transactions.
- other behaviors that PayPal deems inappropriate for legitimate reasons.
Activities Requiring Approval
PayPal requires pre-approval to accept payments for certain services as detailed in the chart below.
Service Requiring Pre-Approval
Providing file sharing services or access to newsgroups; or selling alcoholic beverages, non-cigarette tobacco products, e-cigarettes or prescription drugs/devices.
For general questions, please refer to our Help Center.
If you have questions about obtaining a pre-approval or opening a new PayPal business account that offers services requiring pre-approval, please contact our Sales team.
To learn more about the Acceptable Use Policy, please refer to our Help Center.
Violations of the Acceptable Use Policy
We encourage you to report violations of this Acceptable Use Policy to PayPal Payments (Beijing) Co., Ltd. immediately. If you have a question about whether a type of transaction may violate the Acceptable Use Policy, or wish to file a report, you can do so by visiting our Help Center or contact our Customer Services.